The last one.

I'm the last one listening to myself.
the last one to follow.
preaching others all the time,
while my own conscience is hollow.

every day, is a day of two lives.
the calm one for the world to see,
and the unrestful for mine.
Each day, is a day of battle.
between the legitimate me, and
the abhorred creation of my own mind.
I lose the battle, but I will win the war.
I will pull my reigns, whenever I go far.
I will bask in the glory,
of man's strong will.

Ruminate over every action,
ponder over every thought.
Start with small steps,
and success will not be far.
I'm the God of my life.
I can end all my strifes.
But, I'm the last one listening to myself.
the last one to follow.
preaching others all the time,
while my own conscience is hollow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
In this post the constant turmoil in most people's lives has been summed up in the most comprehensive way.

You write very well.

Popular posts from this blog

a little bubble burst.